Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pineapple Coconut Bars





Coconut is a favorite of my family. The crumbly bottom and top layers are a nice compliment with the pineapple center. When making again I would make more crumb mixture. I added some pineapple juice to the crumb mixture because it did not seem to have enough moisture to stick together well. A nice fruity bar recipe to add to a summer meal. Good on its own but nothing wins over gooey bars. When having them no other dessert will measure up. Excitement in my home. My daughter bought me some back issues of "Cooking with Paula Deen" for mother's day. What a wonderful gift! They just arrived and I have spent time enjoying each issue. Many new ideas for our weekends with Paula. If you don't have them all be kind to yourself and order today. Thanks Paula!


No comments:

Post a Comment