Sunday, May 2, 2010

Almond & Lemon Poppy Seed Bars





Michael thought something lemon sounded good. So when we saw the almond poppy seed recipe we decided to do have two desserts. One almond and one lemon poppy seed. All was going well. Both cakes were in the oven and looking good. I left them in the oven 10 minutes longer than the recipe stated. They came out of the oven looking light brown around the edges and firm to the touch. I made icing using my favorite organic vanilla milk, extract, and powered sugar. Yum! I went to bed dreaming of the cake I would be eating tomorrow night at Michael's. Got up and was ready for work so it was time to cut the cakes. Fine till I got to the middle that was raw. No time to walk a mile before work instead damage control. The middle section went back to the oven and did bake. My daughter thought it was a good breakfast. Luckily there was enough of the cakes to take for dinner. Never forget toothpicks at the grocery. Almond and lemon cakes were very good. Thanks Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment