Monday, May 31, 2010

Lemon Custard Ice Cream


I have to tell you making homemade ice-cream really brought back the memories for me. Growing up we had an ice-cream maker that you had to turn by hand and I loved turning that thing. Mom would make the ice-cream (and she made plenty of flavors over the years) and my cousins or whomever we had over the house for the picnic or whatever we got together for would take turns cranking the ice-cream maker, adding ice and salt along the way until you couldn't turn it anymore, someone would even have to stand on the top of the ice-cream maker to hold it down and keep it from moving all over the place, what great memories. Of course I used an electric on so it took a bit of the nostalgia out of it but the lemon custard ice-cream was fantastic very smooth and creamy, even if it wasn't hand cranked. Thanks Paula! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment