Sunday, May 2, 2010

Jamie's Southwestern Avacado and Black Bean Salad


Happy Cinco De Mayo! Today was the day to celebrate but not everyone celebrates including many areas in Mexico. It is a regional holiday in Mexico. Especially celebrated in Puebla. It has also become a popular holiday on the Mexican US border. Avocado's are a favorite of mine. So this recipe caught my eye. Not difficult to make. Quite a few healthy ingredients. As I was hunting for hot sauce I came across "Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce". A little more expensive than most on the shelf but different. It took a bit more than the recipe called for but really liked the flavor. My daughter loves dipping sauces so the remainder will be put to good use. The majority of ingredients could be easily found organic which is very important to me. The recipe called for Romaine lettuce. I think I would use a less flavorful variety next time. Maybe even add a third avocado. So decorate the table, put up the decorations, and enjoy. Thanks Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment