Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pineapple-Coconut Easter Egg Cookies






When I saw these cookies in Paula's magazine they reminded me of making cut out sugar cookies with my grandmother and mother as a child. Then using the same cookie cutters with my daughter.The bunny's and chicken's were my grandmother's cookie cutters and the egg cookie cutter mine that I used with my daughter when she was little. A special plate of memories. Paula's recipe is one of the best I have ever tried. The flavorings give them added taste and a wonderful smell.Four grocery stores did not carry the pineapple extract.I debated what flavor to use instead and finally decided to use orange. It was a good choice but I am still on the hunt for pineapple.I added the extracts to the icing and think it was a good addition.I am sure Paula will not mind. Thanks Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment