Monday, April 19, 2010

Jamie's Potato Soup



Doesn't Michael's table look beautiful. He always does such a nice job making any meal a special occasion. What a celebration. Our 1st month of Paula Weekends! What a great month it has been. Always something to look forward to. Picking the menu, going to the grocery (which I really love to do), the cooking, the eating with dear friends and family, the postings of photos and comments, and then it starts all over again.

This was a very easy recipe that everyone enjoyed. Not the "from scratch" potato soup I grew up on. You will still receive compliments. Quick to put together. I simmered on low in my slow cooker over night because the amount of time it said to simmer the soup ended in the middle of the night. Our adorable puppy Daisy would have been sure it was morning if I got up to turn off the soup. It would have been play time. I think the extra simmer time gave the soup a even better flavor. Thanks Daisy. The only challenge was the cream cheese melting in the boiling soup. Sounds logical but that cream cheese did not melt into the soup. I stirred and stirred but still some lumps of cheese. It took some time to eliminate them. At serving I put out a bowl of grated cheese to garnish with. Thanks Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment