Sunday, April 18, 2010

Honey Glazed Carrots




One of my puppy Daisy's favorite dishes. As I cut the carrots it was two for the pot and one for Daisy. She was not happy to see her beloved carrots being cooked and leaving the house. This dish is sweet, healthy, and easy to prepare. Don't flood your bathroom as you cook them or you may overcook the carrots. I think it was a plot for Daisy to get all the carrots. Fixing the food I had a lot of dirty dishes in the kitchen sink and took a large pan into the bathroom to fill with water. Daisy did something to get attention, I left the pan for a minute, somehow forgot the running water, minutes continued to pass and I walked back in to find standing water. Sopping water up in the bathroom and down stairs I am sure I overcooked the carrots. They are still great overcooked. Daisy thought I should just give her the soft carrots but I took them to Michael's for us to enjoy. I used Honeyville Peach Whipped Wildflower Honey and added a bit more than the recipe called for. The flavor was wonderful. The honey came from Jungle Jim's. If you have not visited this unique store check it out. Don't live close just visit on line. I used yellow and orange carrots for a prettier color. Thanks Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment